At a cafe for lunch in Eilat, with a TV on in the background, Yoshi comments about 'they must like 80s music here'. The Billy Jean video is playing. I look back and immediately I think how long it's been since I've seen that video. Another Michael Jackson video pops on. It must be one of those rock-block video things on Michael. I'm watching the videos while Yoshi stepped away. I decided to read the scrolling text in the upper left. I catch 'dead' scrolling by. Who's dead....or what? I keep reading... What! Michael Jackson is dead. No way! Yoshi is back....'hey I think Michael Jackson is dead.' We keep watching the scrolling text until it loops around. Wow....he's dead. It's surreal. We are in Eilat, thinking they are into 80s music here and we find out Michael is dead.
Friday, June 26, 2009
What's up with the 80s music here?
At a cafe for lunch in Eilat, with a TV on in the background, Yoshi comments about 'they must like 80s music here'. The Billy Jean video is playing. I look back and immediately I think how long it's been since I've seen that video. Another Michael Jackson video pops on. It must be one of those rock-block video things on Michael. I'm watching the videos while Yoshi stepped away. I decided to read the scrolling text in the upper left. I catch 'dead' scrolling by. Who's dead....or what? I keep reading... What! Michael Jackson is dead. No way! Yoshi is back....'hey I think Michael Jackson is dead.' We keep watching the scrolling text until it loops around. Wow....he's dead. It's surreal. We are in Eilat, thinking they are into 80s music here and we find out Michael is dead.
Weird. It's one of those moments that I think I'm always going to remember where I was at when I heard the news. Eilat, Israel. Good-bye Michael. Now where is that Thriller album of mine?
At a cafe for lunch in Eilat, with a TV on in the background, Yoshi comments about 'they must like 80s music here'. The Billy Jean video is playing. I look back and immediately I think how long it's been since I've seen that video. Another Michael Jackson video pops on. It must be one of those rock-block video things on Michael. I'm watching the videos while Yoshi stepped away. I decided to read the scrolling text in the upper left. I catch 'dead' scrolling by. Who's dead....or what? I keep reading... What! Michael Jackson is dead. No way! Yoshi is back....'hey I think Michael Jackson is dead.' We keep watching the scrolling text until it loops around. Wow....he's dead. It's surreal. We are in Eilat, thinking they are into 80s music here and we find out Michael is dead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment