Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Restobar Cafe

After work on Tuesday, we all decide to head out for some dinner. We head to Restobar Cafe which is near the center of Jerusalem. They refer to the center as the place where everyone is hanging out near downtown. This place has the typical food for the region: shnizel, chicken, beef, and salads. I decide for the shnizel. I've seen it on so many menus since I've been here that I figure I should try it. It comes with fries. When the food comes out, my plate has so much food, I think they knew I was from Texas and figured I can handle it. Well I couldn't finish all my food. The waitress comes around to take everyone's plate. I hand her my unfinished plate and she tells me 'no, you have to finish'. What? She was serious.


L to R) Kurt Rathjen, me, Jami Levesque, Brooke, Jesse Lehrman, and Melissa Kurtz.


So what I pull from my old bag of tricks from when I was a kid and pile the rest of my fries on top of the shnizel and the cover that with my napkin. The waitress took it, but reluctenly. A side note, this is the first time I have witnessed this the whole time here. She just believes in finishing your food.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: