Friday, June 19, 2009


Tel Aviv - the beach

What an awesome day for the beach! The sky is perfect blue and the water is so many shades of blue, it just sparkles. It reminds me of the look from the carribean. The sand is extremely fine, soft, and quiet hot. My feet aren't used to this. It's been a while since I've been to the beach. Dallas doesn't have this luxury unfortunately. Here you can see how fine the sand is below my feet.

The umbrellas and chairs can be rented for 20 shekels. Yoshi and I opt to just lay under the sun. I head into the water. It is the perfect bath water warm temperture. It is great! Plus you can walk out about 100 yards and still touch the bottom. I saw some very small fish near the shore. Everyone hanging out at the beach is speaking in Hebrew. A few people here and there break out their out hooka. It looks like it's the thing to do, bring a hooka, some beer or wine and just hang out for the day.

Friday is Islam's equivalent of our Saturday. They work Sunday through Thursday. So this is why everyone is out at the beach on a Friday.

You can see Tel Aviv in the background here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: