Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Dan Boutique Hotel

It’s sheik and modern in the lobby. I’m going to be here for 3 weeks and it already fits my style. How great! Adi (pronounced: ahh-dee, with stress on 2nd part) is working the front desk and she is very helpful. I receive an envelop from her that has my local cell phone in it along with some other things. I also have a free drink ticket as a welcome. How nice! I like this place.
I head up to the room. It matches the styling of the lobby. I like the painting on the wall too. I’ll post a picture later. I lay down. Big mistake. I just want to take a load off. It’s so nice to be horizontal for a first time in the past 24 hours. I wake up 3 hours later. This jet lag thing is not easy. I open my envelope to find my cell phone, taxi vouchers and…and a phone card. Now I can stay in communication with people in the US for major things….or something minor too.






I get a call on the hotel phone. It’s Kendra from Animation Lab. She asks me how my flight was and wanted to make sure I got here ok. I ask her if she has a plug converter. The outlets just don’t look like I can force my plug in those small little holes. She does! That’s my first excursion, go get plug converter.






Here is a great view of the old city from the roof deck of my hotel.

No comments: