Friday, June 26, 2009

It's morning and it's dark.

I grab my backpack, check if I have everything for the weekend. In the lobby of the hotel, Yoshi is already waiting. “You ready for this?”, I ask. “Yes”. “Let's do this”, I say enthusiastically. I glance at my watch when I start to drive off with Yoshi, it's a little after five. I never get up this early. This better be worth it. I know it will, but I always say this when I'm up way too early.This is the first time driving on our own in Jerusalem. I jotted directions on how to get out of the city late last night. Fifteen minutes later, we are second guessing if we missed the turn off. Sure enough, we did. Ah, this looks familiar. We are heading down in elevation indicated by the signage: 200m above sea level, 100m, sea level, -150m, and so on. This whole time we are heading straight at the sun rising.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: