Just outside the city on the highway we are traveling on, we go through a checkpoint. This isn’t like the checkpoint at a tollbooth in the states. It has a booth, but the people standing there are the Israeli army with a gun looking like an AK-47 strapped around they shoulder. Ok…that’s not something I see back in the states. Mordehai indicates this is normal with ‘all the stuff going on’. Normal…neat-o.Mordehai begins to point out the highlights of the city as we drive though the streets. We pass the government mountain where most of the government buildings are located: supreme court, foreign affairs, and something like a parliament, but it’s not a parliament. Mordehai didn’t have a word for it exactly. We pass by Animation Lab and then my hotel is right across the street. How convenient. I don’t think I can manage driving around the narrow and winding streets with all the signage in Hebrew. I’ll leave the driving to the locals.

No comments:
Post a Comment